Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Odyssey Owl--Stolen!

My thoughts on "The Owlnapping," in no particular order...

You know, I think Ryan's the only good kid character that's voiced by an adult. Unlike Emily, Olivia, and Pete, he actually sounds 14 or 15 in every single line. And his voice isn't annoying!

We didn't have to hear any actual basketball, which was a great thing. That's what helped make "The Owlnapping" more entertaining than "Target of the Week" for me. We don't have to try to picture all the sporting action going on, nor endure any commentators.

There was a lot of humor, especially thanks to Coach Chang Fang. I find him to be a bit too much of a caricature, but he's still funny. But probably the most humorous part of this show was all that Ryan had to go through to get the toy owl back--his spoiler in the movie theater was especially fun!

The message was clearly presented, although it was rather obvious that the episode was leading to that conclusion. But Whit brought across the lesson well, anyway.

It was a little on the predictable side, but "The Owlnapping" manages to make what could be a rather dull story into a fun show. It's a better basketball show than "The Fundamentals," IMO.

Rating: 7/10

Oh, and I can't say I missed Jason Earles playing Vance. His voice reminded me too much of Jackson in "Target of the Week." :-)

No comments: